Is the cost of childcare preventing you from attending the CARL Conference? This year, CARL will provide a limited number of grants of up to $250 to assist attendees with childcare costs.
These grants can be used to subsidize a variety of child-care options, including:
- On-site childcare at the conference arranged by the parent (for example, a nanny service or babysitter)
- Travel costs for a companion who provides childcare, specifically for non-shared transportation costs such as airfare
- Travel costs for children between the ages of two and seventeen.
Reimbursements will be distributed after the conference upon receipt of a completed reimbursement request form and relevant receipts.
Applications are due February 29, 2020. Please complete the CARL Childcare Grant application which will ask:
- Name and Institution
- Phone and Email
- A short description detailing your needs (number of children, type of care needed, number of hours needed, and estimated cost).
- A short description that outlines how you anticipate participating in the conference (speaker, attendee, IG organizing member, etc.) and how attendance to CARL will support your professional development.
Because funds are limited, it is possible not all requests will be approved. The number of grants awarded will depend on a variety of factors including (but not limited to) the available budget and the number of applications.
Please contact Talitha Matlin (email@example.com) with any questions. Awardees will be notified by March 6, 2020.