We will accept proposals on your research or practice related to the conference theme for the following session types:
- Pre-Conference Sessions: These 4-hour workshop sessions will provide a research framework for practical activities that engage participants around a topic. Preconferences will be scheduled on Wednesday, April 1, 12:30pm-4:30pm. The due date for these proposals will be October 1, 2019.
- Research into Practice Sessions: These sessions will present original research around the conference theme in a 50-minute session. The due date for these proposals will be October 1, 2019.
- Engaging in Practice Sessions: This presentation is a 50-minute session that is structured to include audience participation in the form of engaging discussion questions or activities, and have a practical take-away for the attendees. The due date for these proposals will be October 1, 2019.
- Panel Presentations: These sessions bring together 2-5 presenters into a cohesive conversation intended to engage audience members in a 50-minute session. The due date for these proposals will be October 1, 2019.
- Poster Sessions: These sessions will be posters on a topic related to the conference theme. The due date for these proposals will be January 15, 2020.
- Round Table Discussions: These sessions will offer conversation on a current topic in libraries, in a casual, round table setting. The due date for these proposals will be January 15, 2020.
- Interest Group Showcase: 50-minute session to present on a topic that is related to the conference, and highlight the work of the IG.
All proposals will undergo blind peer-review by volunteer reviewers. Upon receiving the recommendations of the reviewers, the CARL Conference Planning Committee will conduct an equity check to ensure diversity in presenters, institution type, and topics.
All presenters must register and pay for the conference. All presenters, regardless of session type, will be asked to submit a paper and/or summary of their session to the proceedings. The conference proceedings will be reviewed for completeness, but do not undergo peer-review.
- August 2019 – Online Submission Form opens
- Sept. 3, 2019 – Registration Opens
- Oct. 1, 2019 – Proposals Due for Pre-Conference, Research into Practice, Engaging in Practice and Panels
- Nov. 1, 2019 – Selections Announced
- Jan. 15, 2020 – Proposals Due for Posters and Round Table Discussions
- Feb. 1, 2020 – Final Program Announced
- March 2, 2020 – Early Bird Registration Ends